San Jose is the third-largest city in California and the tenth-largest in the United States. With its fast growing population, San Jose is now one of the fastest growing cities and most populated city in Northern California, third most populated city in the whole state and tenth most populated city in United States. It has a very diverse population as to race and religion.
San Jose is located at the southern end of the San Francisco Bay Area commonly referred to as Silicon Valley where local technology industry is booming. San Jose is also known as the Capital of Silicon Valley.
Being one of the primary cities of the San Francisco Bay Area, and the largest in terms of population, land area, industrial development and the pressure of economic crisis, meeting the demands of managing your own property can be very stressful. Property management in San Jose needs expertise. When you feel you are unable to meet the demands of managing a property that includes preserving its resale value and attracting greater income and profits, you must start looking for property managers.
There are many San Jose property management companies but choosing the right property manager requires a lot of thinking. Here’s a checklist that might help you in choosing the right person:
- Experience. How much experience does he have in managing properties in San Jose?
- State License. Is he a licensed Property Manager in San Jose?
- Insurance and other credentials
- Knowledge in San Jose regulations. Any experience in handling issues relative to complying with the state’s regulations especially in housing and taxes?
- Knowledge in handling sensitive accounting information.
- San Jose property manager’s fee
- Make your relationship with a San Jose property company or manager official. Sign an agreement in the presence of an attorney that includes the cost of services, length of time the property company or manager will render services, the coverage of the services, expiration /renewal of contract as well as clauses that will protect both parties from breach of contract.